Warranty for New Maxus Vehicle
3-Year Factory Warranty
Maxus warranties each new Maxus vehicle sold by Nova Motors Ltd and registered in Hong Kong for the first 36 months or 100,000 km (whichever comes first).
During the warranty period, the vehicle must be serviced by Nova Motors Ltd at least every 10,000 km or every 6 months (whichever comes first) in order for the warranty to be valid. Also, accidental damage rectification and repair work must be carried out by Nova Motors Ltd in order for the warranty to be valid. Should the vehicle have been not serviced periodically by Nova Motors Ltd, or maintained by an unauthorized party, this may affect the validity of warranty.
What is Not Covered? *
- The cost of labour, parts and lubricants where routine and general maintenance services are provided.
- The cost of repair or replacement or other necessary adjustments arising out of misuse, neglect of, or accident to the vehicle.
- Any loss or damage of any kind arising from any stoppage, breakdown or failure of the vehicle however occasioned including any consequential loss whatsoever.
- The cost of repair or replacement of parts in the case of a vehicle on which the odometer mileage reading has been altered or where the mileage of the vehicle cannot readily be ascertained.
The Difference between “Warranty” & “Maintenance”
The vehicle warranty is only applicable to the repairing or replacement of components, parts, materials and relevant labour cost, which have malfunctioned due to a defect. It excludes the labour cost of routine maintenance, change of lubricants and wear and tear parts or materials.
Vehicle maintenance is a preventive measure, which is similar to regular medical check-ups for people. A vehicle is assembled from hundreds of mechanical parts, no matter how frequently the car is used, it should be maintained regularly in order to keep it in a tip-top condition. A standard service check includes: The inspection and adjustment of engine, steering, suspension, brake, electrical components, chassis and body, change of engine oil and oil filter, road test and detailed inspection report. During the warranty period, the owner is obliged to bring the vehicle to NML for regular servicing and inspection. Should major components or warranty items or parts be confirmed as malfunctioning or damaged, they can be repaired or replaced free of charge.
* Please refer to the Warranty Booklet for the details of warranty coverage and ”What Is Not Covered?”